<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/13583680?origin\x3dhttp://jakezigler.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

I THINK I AM IN JAPAN?

 I am staying in Kyoto for one month starting June 21, this will be my online journal.

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Hello, everyone.

No new pictures for yesterday. I was suppose to go to Osaka with Yoshihiro yesterday, we both agreed on meeting at Karusama subway station. Turns out, however, there's a Karasuma-Oike, and a Karasama. I went to Karasuma-Oike.

I had all of my clothes hanging outside my window and there was a torrential downpour, today I'm just going to walk around and find a place that will do laundry for you, I'm sick of this. I'm not competent enough to properly wash clothes, especially in Japanese, and there's just not enough room to dry them, and it's always raining.

Yesterday I had an actual Japanese dinner. I went in an awkwardly ordered my food. Immediately it was served to me. I had breaded veal cutlet and prawn. I recieved rice, some kind of soup with tofu and spinach, the breaded cutlet, and a breaded prawn that was at least a foot long. It was all very good. I also got a salad, but Japanese salads use shredded coleslaw lettuce (ruck) instead of actual lettuce, and the dressing was some kind of lumpy bleu cheese concoction.

For desert I had a pudding and fruit parfait at another resturaunt, I figured I had so much money left over I should treat myself, since Ive been eating at convenience stores and bakeries.

After that I went back to the claw machine, and finally won a lighter! I then looked around for a green tea store for Cody's mom and finally found one, it was intimidatingly Japanese. I asked the man what he thought was best and he showed me, I bought it. It's a large container of Green Tea, and it was about 1700 yen. After purchasing it we both bowed to each other like 5 times and I finally went to leave, and he yelled at me; I forgot my wallet!

After that I went around to the arcade and played this game called "Bop'n Music". Basically you hear a song, and play a few of the notes of the song by hitting the corresponding colored button. The colored circles fall down on the screen like Tetris, and when they hit the line at the bottom you are suppose to hit that button, and are then awarded points based on how accurately timed you did it. It gets REALLY hard! You have to have awesome hand eye cordination, because there's 5 buttons and occasionally during fast areas of a song you have to hit buttons all at once, or one right after another. I saw a kid playing the hardest level, pounding away faster than humanly possible, and getting them all correct. I can barely do it on the third difficulty!

While looking for Tea I wondered into a honey store. The whole staff flocked around me and watched expectantly. I didn't even want to be in there. They then let me taste tons of samples and told me all about everything. I was pretty much guilted into buying Lemon Honey Jam, which I will never use. They were so happy that I bought something. I couldn't just walk out at that point.

Well, that's about it. Hopefully I can get this laundry fiasco handled.
|| Jake Zigler, 5:50 PM

1 Comments:

Jake - Do you miss me yet ? I'm the lady who does your laundry at home. love, mom
Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:43 PM  

Add a comment