<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/13583680?origin\x3dhttp://jakezigler.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

I THINK I AM IN JAPAN?

 I am staying in Kyoto for one month starting June 21, this will be my online journal.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Taaaaiko!

This morning I went to exchange some more money. I asked Chikako where to go and it turns out it's right in the backyard, I just go behind the guesthouse and the Kyoto City Bank is about a 10 minute's walk away, on Kitaoji-dori. I exchanged 500 dollars, which came to roughly 54,000 yen. I got lunch at another bakery.

At around 3:30 I headed out to Sanjo Keihan to meet Ayako, a girl I agreed to see a movie with. I saw her on the corner of the Sanjo Bridge next to a man playing guitar for tips, I would have loved to stay and listen to him, but I left with her.

She is 17 years old and fairly cute. We had a fun time, disregarding my tendency to slip into Colloquialism. She was OKAY with English, some things I just had to stop trying to explain, because she didn't understand. Sitting here I just realized, this is the second time I've ever gone out with a woman, and she barely speaks my language! When did my trancission occurr? I never saw it coming, I'm fearless! ...except when it comes to laundry. Which seems to be fine and smelling alright, by the way.

So Ayako and I decided to see "Danny the Dog" an English movie starring Jet Li and Morgan Freeman. The Japanese were treated to subtitles in their language, while all I had to do was sit back and enjoy listening to the movie.

After the movie we decided to grab a bite to eat, we went to a place I forgot the name of, I ordered cutlet and rice, and she got some kind of sea urchin pasta. "Uni" is the word for "Sea Urchin", I learn new things everyday. We ordered and shared a strawerry parfait. She told me she wanted to be either a preschool teacher or a forest ranger, but if she is to become a forest ranger she wants to do it in another country.

After eating we more or less wandered around and talked. At one point we descended upon another claw game store, where I tried to win her a "Stitch" from "Lilo and Stitch" pillow, and came ever so close, but never got it.

After that we found an arcade where we played another DDR/Bop'n Music themed game, only it involved large Japanese drums, called "Taiko" drums. The point of the came was to beat the drums to the beat, following onscreen commands. It was so fun, and I beat her. After that we played some Time Crisis 3. I felt like a child wandering all over the arcade.

When we were done at the arcade it was about time for her to go home (10:00) so we headed off towards the subway/train station. When we got there we gave our goodbyes and I hugged her, saying that's how Americans say goodbye.
|| Jake Zigler, 8:50 AM

3 Comments:

OOOOOOOOOO. Jake and Ayako, sittin' in a tree. K I S S I N G. Haha. Sounds like you had fun man. Keep on po-pimpin'. Good luck. :D
Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:17 PM  
congrats jake.
don't forget the shirt, if you haven't already gotten it.
any pictures of Ayako?
hmm... and that pizza from an earlier post sounded kinda good...
-nathan (of the bowler persuasion)
Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:50 PM  
Purrrrrrrrrr
Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:07 PM  

Add a comment